The new version makes the hole program much more performant. If it is not lightning fast on your computer please let me know.
The copy methods have been updated. In the past a problem occurred when images were copied which were different but have the same base-name, i.e. IMAGE.NEF and IMAGE.DNG. Both can be copied to a directory using the copy dialog (F6) but when you start to edit those images and save the result as JPG a name collision will occur. This is not a problem at first, but when you want to update your database with new preview (licensed edition: Shift+F6)
This problem has been fixed and the side car handling has been improved.
As you probably know the array layout has different mode. One is the ROW layout which fills up a row with images. This mode has been improved a lot and works perfectly when using the page mode. Here the rows are arranged on pages and in the licensed edition you can export those "pages" as JPEG. I recently create a picture book with 1000 images for a 18 birthday celebration. I would have spend a month arranging those images manually.
- when editing the time stamp of an image you can only edit the date
and only edit the time. The other part will not be changed.
- when editing the time stamp you can also only set the year, month, day, minute and hour by
typing i.e. 2022y to change the year to 2022. Simply type the number
followed by y m d h M s (only "m" is case sensitive)
- much enhanced Image export (F6) dialog with improved side car handling
- enhanced copy from card dialog and function. Now handles side car files.
- improve light theme
In full version:
- when editing the time stamp you can also specify an offset
i.e. -2h to reduce the hour by 2, i.e. to correct for time shift.
- in full version: Menu "Edit/Select by condition" with sub menu to, among other
possibilities select images which have sidecar JPEG
- enhanced parameter copy function (Shift+F6) can now instantly update
the thumbnails 1 and 2